Friday, July 31, 2009

dating William Blake

I found the best ever comment board on a William Blake poetry site. I'm afraid they'll take it down, so I must, must, must, if it's the only contribution I ever make to this world, reproduce it here.

Rebecca Smith (7/29/2009 7:47:00 PM)
Hello William Blake. My name is Rebecca Smith i started writing poetry last summer and my first poem was called Summer, i've written over abt 22 poems in the last past months and i have a friend who's working on the book and i plan on getting them published. When did you start writing? ? My favorite poem by you is A Dream. it's lovely! ! ! ! how was writing poetry for you? ? was it hard, or easy? ? for me it's both! ! ! ! your an Awesome writer! ! ! keep up the good work. I hope you reply to my comment i would love to talk to you. Love Rebecca! ! !

Rebecca Smith inspires my utmost awe and admiration. She thinks she's hot enough to pick up on William Blake! If he has in-grave wireless access, he could totally be getting laid right now. And note how casual she is -- no punctuation or spelling check needed. She's a poet! And she's hot! He'll definitely want her bad.

Miss favor (below) is slightly more realistic in that she only thinks she can attract a currently-living person of the opposite sex, but she's still not put off by age, distance, or ethnicity. I thought "health" was suspiciously important to her, until I realized that, unlike Rebecca, she's not turned on by the post-memorial-service crowd. Whatever, favorfrank35 is her man -- hmm, I wonder which came first, Miss favor or favorfrank? Complete coincidence, I'm sure. I love how she chooses her prospective mate entirely on the basis of his appreciation for Romantic poetry (well, that and the results of his last physical), despite the fact that it appears she can barely read or write English.

Babyjoram Benson (5/18/2009 6:13:00 AM)
Hello (favorfrank35@yahoo.co.uk)
My name is Miss favor am 24yr old. I saw your profile today at www.poemhunter.com
and it really acttract me alot i believe that you are the man i have been looking for to share my love; How is your health? i hope all is well with you. I believe that we can move from here; but remember that distance; age and colour dose not matter what matters is the true love and understanding; in my next e-mail i shall include my pictuer; i been waithing for your reply mail me with this mail address for further introduction.
Bye hopeing to hear from you soonest (favorfrank35@yahoo.co.uk)

Here's a more subdued post:

p.a. noushad (6/14/2008 1:37:00 AM)
romantic touch in the poems gives me bliss, good poems.

Although, is it just me or is posting a compliment addressed directly to Blake himself a bit unnecessary?

The next two comments work in concert:

Poppi Westbury (2/24/2008 6:58:00 AM)
His poems speak to the romantic soul in me. I think his work is beautiful, mystical and enthralling.

The Riddler (2/13/2008 9:24:00 AM)
boring made me fall asleep

Next, Barbara Bizarro, back in school! Check out her last line for a sort of heart-wrenching awkward adorable sentiment that sounds like it came straight out of an early Star Trek episode.

Barbara Bizarro (1/30/2008 1:09:00 AM)
I am currently studying this man's poetry back in school, and personally I believe that his work is breathtaking altogether. The simplicity of his writing underlines the little society at the time knew about the consequences of their actions. Not only has this man helped us create our own picture, but he has also pushed his messages across to his readers. His use of simple and understandable vocabulary enables people of different ages to understand what he is implying. Although I don't exactly enjoy my English classes, I have truly been able to love the art of poetry through my own life's events and through his work.
Thank you, Blake, you have inspired me put my own sentiments into words. For that I'll never be able to thank you enough.
May your work rest upon the world's surface for as long as Earth is still inhabited with the memories of its people.

I also defy you not to love "Underlines the little society knew at the time about the consequences of their own actions." Like that guy who invented the tiger! Socially irresponsible creep.

Last, I present Hannah Oak, literary critic for the new millennium:

Hannah Oak (3/11/2006 5:27:00 AM)
Wiliam Blake has an interesting outlook when it comes to writing poems.Its the way he uses theoratical terms in his poetry that fasinates me the most and he also gives a sometimes happy sometimes sad outlook on certain areas on life in which you would quickley over see and not give much thought about.

Yes, Blake makes me often reflect on how much we quickley over see. Like poetry comment boards.

2 comments:

Wayfarer said...

That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. or, as miss favor would say "OMG, LOL"

Michelle Rebecca Hermon said...

Wow I am so glad that you reproduced it! :) I loved reading it. As much as it is funny, I would love to meet all of the exuberant romantics seeing as I could have been one of them if I had only known that such a comment board existed..